Friday, May 15, 2009

HARRA Spring Runner of the Season - 2nd Place

I found out a while ago that I just placed 2nd in the HARRA (Houston Area Road Runners Association) Spring runner of the season. It's nice to know that I placed pretty high amongst the many runners that race in the Spring series. I placed 2nd behind Luis Armenteros, who wins these things with regularity.

They basically have 6 races that you can race. They grade the races using a WAVA score, which is basically a percentage ratio of your time compared to the top world time at that race distance. You have to race a minimum of 3 out of the 6 races. Then they add up your best WAVA scores from the races and compare them to everyone in your division. In my case it is the Open Male. They will be having an award ceremony sometime in June. That should be fun.

image

No comments: