Sunday, August 16, 2009

Attempted Long Run - 7 Miles

What can I say? Just a bad day. First off, I was supposed to meet Sean and Luis at 6:30 and I was late. I ended up getting to the park around 7. So they had already run a loop by the time I got to the park. I jumped in with them but realized my Garmin had a low battery which eventually ran down after a minute. Awesome. It was also awesome that Sean and Luis were already warmed up and I immediately had to test my legs. That lasted about 2.75 miles until I felt some twinges in my groin area so I stopped and stretched. I decided I would try to finish up the long run at my own pace, alone. Well that didn't work. After mile 7 I felt the strain in my groin so I decided to walk it in. It was a long walk back. About 1.2 miles.

In other more positive news, what about the Worlds Track & Field today? Usain Bolt with a 9.58 100 meters. What the heck? I hope this guy is clean but this is so hard to comprehend. I grew up watching the 100 meters and now that I have actually seen a guy run a 9.69 and then a year later run 9.58, I don't know what is and what is not possible anymore.

Usain_Bolt_Olympics_cropped

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bill,
Hope this strained groin is nothing serious. Funny that you should mention "positive news" about the new 100m WR.:-) I, too, hope Bolt is clean as he is fun to watch. I felt sorry for Gay who set the AR at 9.71 but was clearly outclassed by Bolt.

Tuan

Bill Blancett said...

Tuan,

I wish we didn't have to deal with PED's so I could fully enjoy the performances. Currently I watch a lot of the performances with reserved enthusiasm.

As far as my situation is concernced, I think I'll be ok. I'm going to sit out for a couple days as a precaution and then see how it goes on the 3rd day. I'm already feeling better today, so that's a good sign.

Bill