Wednesday, August 12, 2009

9 Miles Easy

9 Miles @ 7:05 pace including 3 or 4 at sub 7 pace. That's good news.

Jump Rope (180)

15 Second Strides (60 Second Rest)

  1. 4:51
  2. 4:09
  3. 4:19
  4. 4:12
  5. 4:27
  6. 4:02

Total Average Pace: 4:19

My speed is going way up on the strides. It seems like the strategy of incorporating strides into my runs is working. I've done strides before, but I really never paid attention to the metrics. So I didn't take them too seriously and so they didn't work.

After speaking with Sean I decided to put a maximum slow pace of 7:30 on my runs and minimum length of an hour. Strength is something that I need to work on with the Fall series of races coming up. Strength is also something that will help me with the shorter stuff as well.

In other news I think I was mistaken for Sesar Figueroa today. I was doing my strides and a lady ran up to me and asked if I coached for HBU. She had to be thinking of Sesar. Sesar is probably the #1 runner here locally so being mistaken for him isn't really an insult :) That's not the first time I was mistaken for another runner. Last year when I was running in the park some guy running the opposite direction says "Hey Vaughn". I look around and Vaughn Gibbs wasn't in the vicinity and so they had to be talking to me. A while ago I was in the park and a lady came up to me and told me "You know who you look like?". My obvious response was "Hmmm... Barack Obama?". She said "No, Bill Blanchett". I said "You mean Bill Blancett" (the c is pronounced like an s). She corrected me and said "No, his name is BLANCHETT!". Wow I even got corrected on my own name. Well at least she recognized me...Sort of.

2 comments:

junebug said...

ok THAT is funny...you look just like bill blancett!

Bill Blancett said...

June,

I look just like him except he is just a little taller than me. ;)

Bill