Saturday, August 15, 2009

9 Miles Easy

Mile 1 8:13
Mile 2 7:52
Mile 3 7:29
Mile 4 7:13
Mile 5 7:24
Mile 6 7:27
Mile 7 7:13
Mile 8 6:33
Mile 9 6:34
Total Average Pace 7:22

Jump Rope (200)

Strides

  1. 4:57 21 seconds
  2. 4:39 15 seconds
  3. 5:00 10 seconds

I'm pretty mad at myself. I went into the run with my legs feeling trashed. I should have put in the requisite mileage at a smooth pleasant pace. I should have. But I ran past some guy probably doing 7:50 pace. He then sped up to about 7:00 minute pace and then slowed up right in front of me. I was thinking to myself what is this guy doing? If you want to run by me, go ahead and run by me. Just don't speed up and then slow down and get directly in my way. Annoyed I just ran past the guy. Then the guy ran with me. What the heck? The stupid race was on and hence the 6:30 last 2 miles. My legs weren't in any type of shape to do 6:30 miles today. I have to keep my ego in check. And yes there is no denying it to myself I do have an ego. The thing I have to learn now is that from now on I have a target on my back. I was used to being the chaser and now I'm the one that is going to be chased. That's fine. The only thing is that when I run on my recovery days, I need to stay true to the mission. If guys wants to informally race me and stick a feather in their cap...then fine I'll just have to ignore it and just keep trucking. This is what I do 90% of the time. But today was another story.

Then I went and did strides. My watch changed up on me. Normally I set it at 15 second intervals and wait for the beep so I can stop. So I started my stride and I ran. And I kept running. And I kept running. Where the heck is the beep? So I stop and find out that somehow my watch got set to mile intervals. Luckily I didn't run a mile to find that out :-S. But I did end up running 21 seconds. After the 3rd stride I felt a tenderness in my groin so I stopped.

No comments: