Thursday, August 13, 2009

6.67 Miles Easy

Mile 1 7:29
Mile 2 6:46
Mile 3 6:38
Mile 4 6:34
Mile 5 6:31
Mile 6 6:40
Last .67 Miles 6:38
Total Average Pace: 6:46

Jump Rope (190)

15 Second Strides (60 seconds rest)

  1. 4:41
  2. 4:08
  3. 4:40
  4. 4:19
  5. (3:50)
  6. 4:25

Total Average Pace: 4:19

I ran miles 2 onward with Sean which is why the pace picked up. Along the way, Marco from California hopped in there. He won the Lazy Hazy Days 5k race last weekend. He's only here temporarily and will be going back to California tomorrow. I got Sean's blessing to cut the 9 mile run short since we were going to have a workout tomorrow.

Oh, and did I mention I got a massage by Connie yesterday? The massage went a lot better the second time around and I was able to converse and joke around during the session. We were both happy with the state of my legs since the first session. This gives me more confidence as I train for the fall races. I'm less worried about injury and more concerned with getting good quality training in.

The strides keep getting better and better. I broke 4:00 minute pace convincingly today with a 3:50. I had to do a double take because I thought the time was wrong when I looked back at the times. It will be interesting to see how this will affect my racing. I'm curious to see.

On final note, I did some house cleaning and changed the site up a bit. I wanted to get some more pictures and stuff up to give the site a little more life. I'm content for the time being, only because I really don't have too much time at my  disposal. If I did...

No comments: