Sunday, August 23, 2009

5 Miles Easy

Working my way up the ladder. Today...once again, I felt stronger than the day before. I ran my 5 miles at 7:36 pace with the last 3 in the 7:20's, maybe lower. The true test will be tomorrow when I do 6 miles. I had some issues on my last attempt at around 5.7 miles.

On a side note, I ran at Memorial Park today. I got there at 6:30 am and it was like a who's who of top Houston runners convening for a morning run. I'm too lazy to list them all, but suffice to say it was impressive. This should happen more often.

Lastly Mary Davies who lives and trains here was in the Track & Field World Championships for the Womens Marathon. She did very well as she ended up PRing by 2 minutes (2:38). I'm not going to say too much because I'm sure if I wrote a lot it would only embarrass her. So congratulations to her.

No comments: