Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Speedwork - 13x200m Hill Repeats ~10 miles total

I don't have the exact measurements because my Garmin 405 started flaking out when I began sweating profusely because of the humidity. By the way if you are on the fence about buying this watch...don't buy it. I've had enough time to test it out and you could probably do better with a 305 or some other model. Quite a few guys showed up for this workout: Sean, Luis Armenteros, Dan Kahn, Geoff Streit, Sam Rodriguez, Mike ?. My personal goal was to try to keep up with Sean on this workout since speed is my strong suit, but endurance played a role and I bonked after the 8th rep, so did my watch so I'm missing some data. It probably wouldn't mean much if it actually did work on the remaining reps anyway as I was just going through the motions. Sean was consistent throughout the workout and even started cutting out some of the recovery time which caught up with me. I still did better than last week but I have a lot of work to do. I have no idea what my current fitness level is but I will get a gauge this Friday when we do our first progressive run in a while. I can't wait to tackle this workout next week but I may approach it differently and use myself to gauge how much recovery I need. Here are the stats that I could measure:

13x200m Hill Repeats

TimePace
354:31
36.814:47
36.244:47
35.904:34
35.794:35
35.444:33
37.204:39
37.58not sure, watch flaked

2 comments:

junebug said...

the garmin 405 sucks. i try not to let people buy it at the store...you are right the 205/305 is much better...and more reliable. if you would have asked me that night at Lukes i would have told you...again... :) but you bought it through another associate :)

or wait for the 310 which is on MASSIVE backorder due to demand.

great job!

Bill Blancett said...

June,

Maybe I should have waited and gotten another 305 or something else but I panicked when I had a workout coming up and needed to be able to get pace feed back. So I bought the first available option. I know if I would have asked you ... you would have taken care of me :)

Bill