Tuesday, July 14, 2009

2x3 Mile Tempo Run - 10~ miles total

Attempted to do 2 x 3 mile tempo @ 5:40 pace with 5 minutes rest. After about a 3 mile warm up here's what happened:

3 Miles 5:41
3 Miles 6:07

As you can see on the 2nd set I had a complete and utter melt down. During my 5 minute rest I was pretty sure I wouldn't be able to hit the target on the second set, so I just went by effort and completed the 3 miles. Going in to the work out I felt this would have been a relatively easy workout but I guess I underestimated the difficulty or overestimated my condition. Or maybe I'm not totally recovered from Peachtree. Either way I just I have go back to the grind and get more training in.

On a human note I met a lovely blind lady yesterday, Elizabeth, at Whole Foods. I thought I was helping her by directing her to her destination but she was able to leave me feeling pretty good and brightened my day by her sunny disposition. She also left me with a little nugget of truth:

"Our inner child comes out when we are doing what we love"

- Elizabeth - blind customer, Whole Foods

Think about that for second. Are you serious all the time? Well maybe you are not spending enough time doing what you love.

No comments: