Wednesday, July 29, 2009

6 Miles Recovery + Cross Training

I've already stated how serious I was about my strides. I've gotten serious enough about them that I added some structure and I'm taking metrics on the pace. This is what I have to do in order to be fully committed to doing these regularly. After speaking with Sean I decided to cut the distance down from 100m to just 12 seconds, just to keep the effort level down. I'm pretty sure after doing these regularly and keeping track of the results that my body will start correcting itself and making itself more efficient at running fast. I've also decided to add jump roping back to the mix. I started these a while back but stopped due to some calf issues. I've gotten this far on just my natural speed but it's time to stop messing around and actually become efficient at using it. Working out with Sean will naturally improve my endurance(which still needs a lot of work by the way) so I've got that base covered. Well anyway I ran slower today and did some cross training. My overall pace for 6 miles was 7:42. Not terribly impressive but I accomplished my objective. Here are my stride metrics:

6 Miles 7:42 Pace

12 Second Strides (Pace) (30 secs recovery)

  1. 5:22
  2. 5:13
  3. 5:03
  4. 5:05
  5. 4:59
  6. 4:46
  7. Total Average Pace 5:04

100 reps jump ropes

Cross Training

  • Squats
  • Toe Raises
  • Leg Curls
  • Arm Curls

No comments: