Wednesday, April 22, 2009

2009 LP Run

LP Crowd This evening I attended the LP Run. The LP Run is a unique race in which you run for 33 and 1/3 minutes around a track. Then they measure and see who ran the furthest. It was definitely cooler than I thought it would be. I participated in the race... but I didn't run. I actually volunteered to keep track of how many laps Rebecca, a female Master's runner, did. She did pretty well. I also got to see Peggy Yetman dominate yet again in the women's division. Peggy is Houston's exceptional triathlete but she truly excels at running. Women's DivisionIn the men's division Luis Armenteros won again and pretty much sealed the deal in the under 40 HARRA Runner of the Season standings. Men's race Jose Lara came in second. In the men's Masters field Gerardo sealed his first place standing in the HARRA Masters Runner of the Season standings.Gerardo & Me I believe Sabra Harvey the, ageless wonder, won the women's masters division. The crowd was pumped and loud, the music was loud and I had a good time. Hopefully I'll have an opportunity to watch more races in the near future.

No comments: