Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hakeem "The Dream" Sighting

Remember the Dream? He should be walking around town with the key to the city. After all, he did bring us our first 2 championships. He's kept a low profile since he retired. Well I happened to bump into him tonight. This is actually the 2nd time I have managed too bump into him. The first time was in college when the Rockets used to come to our gym to practice. He walked by me and said "Wussup". I said "Wussup" back to him in a nonchalant way, like I knew him or something :)

It's been a few years but I bumped into him again at Whole Foods. He was relaxing with 2 friends of his. Once I realized it was him, I sort of stalked him around the store snapping pics. He came by the sushi section and got to wait behind the counter while they made him his stuff.

image

I stalked him as he made his purchase.

image

Alas, I finally get my picture.

image

Albeit, not a very good one. Beggars can't be choosers. He was very gracious and humble.

2 comments:

Junie B said...

that made me laugh. the visual of you lurking through WF's stalking Hakeem...

he came to my 21st birthday party. no really. he was at UofH at the time and I was dating one of the players.

Bill Blancett said...

June,

As I have said before...You know everybody!!!

Bill