Friday, September 11, 2009

2 Mile Workout - 7 Miles Total

3 Mile Warm Up

Jump Rope (200)

15 Second Strides (60 seconds rest)

  1. 5:02
  2. 5:09
  3. 5:03
  4. 5:05

Total Average Paste: 5:05

2 Mile (10:06)

Mile 1 5:06
Mile 2 4:59
Total Average Pace 5:03

2 Mile Cool Down

So I did it. I went back to the track, but this time I didn't get hurt. At least I don't think I did, we'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out. I'm not terribly impressed with the time but I'm also not worried about it. As I said earlier, the plan was go sub 10 with relatively little effort. The problem was my legs started out pretty flat. I should have recognized it when I was running the strides, but then again I don't look at the times for my strides until after I'm done running. So even though I didn't feel very smooth on the strides, I still thought I was doing 4:40's at least. As you can see I was striding around 5 minute pace. The main reason I didn't hit sub 10 was my first 2 laps were done in 2:38. I was having trouble getting going and then I started messing with my awesome watch trying to get it to work right. By the time I looked at the time, I saw 2:38. The next 2 laps were done in 2:28. And the next 4 laps in 4:59. I made sure I wasn't going to run  63 or 64 second laps and just relaxed and just slowly increased the pace. I felt relaxed throughout the run. The run was pretty easy. At least I got 1 milestone. This is the first time I went sub 5 minute pace in a mile on a multi-mile run. I'm reaching, I know, but I got to take what I can get :P   

Based off of this run, I may have to tone down expectations a tad bit. Sean says I need another 3 weeks. I'll probably be running a 5k next week. I was going to be super aggressive for the race, but I'm going to tone it down just a tad.

On a side-note I overheard a lady talking at the park. I see this lady in the park every single day. What makes this significant is when she first started coming out, I'll be honest. She was extremely overweight. No big deal, many people are. But the difference with her was I saw her come out religiously every single day for months and months and months. All she did was a modest pace walk. After some months of walking I saw her jog for the first time. Not very long but it was a milestone. I started noticing she was dropping weight. Now recently I have noticed that she has dropped A LOT of weight. So anyway I overheard her say that she had lost 80 pounds. I believe it! A couple of people asked what she did, and she said walk every day and eat Weight Watchers meals. So now I know what it takes to lose 80 pounds. I watched it happen slowly over time.

No comments: