Thursday, September 10, 2009

9 Miles Easy

9 Miles Easy @ 7:17 pace

Jump Rope (190)

15 Second Strides (60 seconds rest)

  1. 4:31
  2. 4:31
  3. 4:24
  4. 4:32
  5. 4:28
  6. 4:51

Total Average Pace: 4:33

My legs felt pretty strong today and my leg turnover is starting to get quicker as you can see by the strides.

image Today I spoke to Al Lawrence for the first time. I felt obligated to go and introduce myself. He's made a pretty good impact on the local running scene, not to mention his own personal accolades, among those an Olympic bronze in the 10k. He's also set world records and won a couple of NCAA titles. He's trained countless local runners. When I first started running, I would see him on the bench coaching other runners. That was 3 years ago. It's funny that today was the first day I introduced myself. He was a pretty pleasant guy.

Tomorrow I go back to the scene of the crime. The place that contributed to me getting injured,...the track. I'll be doing a 2 mile run with the goal being to go sub 10, but not necessarily all out. I need to see how this goes before I start ratcheting up the effort level.

No comments: