Tuesday, September 22, 2009

4.86 Miles Easy - No Headway

4.86 Miles at 7:21 pace

For the last month or 2 it seems I have not been able to get the ball rolling. Every time I seem to have some momentum going I get a small obstacle thrown in the way. Today it was the rain and the lightning that cut my run short. Also for some strange reason my adductor is starting to flare up again. It's probably because of the volume of miles last Thursday through Saturday. I wouldn't be surprised if I have not improved much since my last race.

What has been missing is the volume. I just have not been able to string together a few good months of consistent running. Last year I steam rolled through marathon training. This year I'm tripping and sputtering about. I need to string together a few long runs. Long runs are like the vegetables that you should be eating consistently. They may not taste as good, but it's good for you. Right now I have a lot of sizzle (speed) but I know I'm lacking substance (strength). As the distances get longer, Sean and Luis run further and further away from me. This is why I'm thinking that actually running the marathon and not the half will be good for me. Every time I run that thing I just get so much better. The only problem though is that life may get in the way. I'll leave it at that for now.

Good night.

Bill

No comments: