Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The last 2 days

I don't have much time to post tonight. I have been really lacking for sleep the past few days and that isn't good for a runner. My running has been ok despite this. Monday Sean set up a new course I had never done before that went up a side road off of Memorial. It was a medium grade slope that I enjoyed. I don't really have metrics for the course but I can say that I ran a total of 9 miles for the day. Also, I was a bit of a moron and didn't pick up the cones after I was done running the course. So Sean had to actually come back for the cones. I blame that on lack of sleep :) I'll have to start keeping track of how many loops I do on the hill courses on Mondays because Sean keeps asking me how many I did and I respond with an idiotic response of "I don't know". It's just so against my nature to count when I run. I'm a bit of a robot on auto pilot when I run. No thinking, just running. This is a good thing and bad thing. It's a good thing because I'm pretty relaxed when I run. It's a bad thing because sometimes I run off course!

Today was supposed to be a recovery run. I ran a total of 9 miles around 7:14 pace. I felt pretty good throughout. I ran under 7 minute pace for about 3 miles.

Tomorrow I'll do another 9 miles with a speed workout sandwiched between. It will 2 x 1 mile with 4 minutes rest at 5 mile goal pace which will be about 5:18 pace.

I'm going to register for the Park to Park 5 miler tonight. This will be a first for me and I am very excited. I expect there to be quite a few good runners.

That's it for now.

Cheers,

Bill

5 comments:

Sam said...

Good luck @ Park 2 Park. Great course, great race, flat and definitely condusive to running well and competitive.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bill,

This is Tuan. I agree w/ Sam. I ran the race the last 2 years w/ a tailwind, which reminds me of the old Rodeo Run course that ran on South Main all the way to the Dome. Saturday's weather is a little bit iffy since the front might not come thru until 9 so we might be running into a south wind. See you at the race.

Tuan

Bill Blancett said...

Sam,

Thanks for the info. I'm looking to have fun no matter what happens!

Tuan,

Thanks for stopping by my blog buddy. I'll look for you at the race.

Steeeve said...

Tuan's predictive skills are scary good.

Bill Blancett said...

Steve,

Yes indeed.