Tuesday, February 3, 2009

9 miles easy

This morning I made a concerted effort to get my core work in. I've been slacking in recent days but it has been ok since I probably should be taking it easy until training picks up again. I just hate missing core sessions though, and I feel guilty when I do miss them. So I got that out of the way and then headed off to the park to do 9 miles. I was supposed to do speed work today but had to switch plans because my legs just didn't feel up to it. So the plan was to do 9 as easy as I wanted to so I could be prepared for some speed work tomorrow. I jogged with easy effort and my legs definitely felt better than yesterday. I saw Andrew jogging so I broke off and joined him for a bit and talked a little about training and upcoming races. It was good that I did this because it made my remaining miles go by quickly. It didn't make me any faster though. I finished 9 miles at about 8:14 pace. I should be good to go by tomorrow though because there is no soreness or tightness left in my legs.

Oh and another thing. I think tonight is orientation night for Kenyan Way spring training(for all of you speed seekers). I believe it starts at 7pm at Luke's Locker on West Gray. There is another one this Thursday at 7 also, I believe. See ya there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are correct! There is another one on Thursday night; same place same time!

See you later!