Thursday, February 5, 2009

9 miles easy

Today I decided to do 9 easy. For some reason I was looking forward to a 9 mile run at nothing but easy pace. Also I was feeling much better than I had felt the previous couple of days. Many times I feel rejuvenated the day after speed work. I don't know what the physiological explanation behind that is but I'll take it.

I started off slow (8:29) and gradually increased the pace until I hit the last 4 miles at below 7 minute pace. The overall pace was 7:17 pace. My legs started to feel like they were getting some strength back towards the end of the run. It would be nice to feel rejuvenated at the end of the week.

Tonight I attended the Kenyan Way orientation. I wasn't able to make it Tuesday, but I made extra sure to attend it tonight. It was cool, I got to talk to Luis Armenteros for a little bit. Unfortunately he probably had the flu otherwise I could have talked to him all night. He and Sean seem to be on a roll and I expect good things in the future. I spoke with Sean and he told me what my upcoming schedule was supposed to look like in the coming weeks. It was a good group of folks although I didn't recognize too many faces.

I'm pretty excited about starting this Spring season. I'm going to bust my butt on the speed work and just have fun. First things first, hills on Monday!

No comments: