Wednesday, February 25, 2009

8 miles recovery

I got to the park and the legs didn't feel to bad. Usually the day after hills my legs usually feel good for whatever reason. They felt good today as I averaged 7:12 pace with the last 5 miles at sub 7 pace. Tomorrow will be interesting because I'll do a speed workout that should be pretty challenging.

This weekend will be the Conoco Rodeo Run. From what I hear its a pretty big race. Normally I would be all over this race, but I'll have to pass this one up. I have family obligations and not to mention the fact that I raced this past weekend. But this should be a fun race with up to 10,000 participants in both the 5k and 10k. Also the race will kickoff the Rodeo parade so there are spectators lined up, so you can pretend you are finishing a marathon(Thanks Andrew for these little tidbits).

image

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

about 9500 of those 10000 are people that run 2 races a year. This one and the turkey trot. i ran it the past 3 years and every year said NOT AGAIN...this year i meant it. the late start at 9:40 sucks to high heaven and its always sucky weather... :)

good to see you this morning ... as always

Bill Blancett said...

June,

Great seeing you this morning :)
...
I'll probably go to the Rodeo Run one of these years.

Bill

Steeeve said...

I've done 10 Rodeo Runs. It was Barb's debut race in 1993! As long as you completely ignore the signs that suggest your spot in the starting corral, in my experience it's an excellent race. Agree with JB, of course, that it's the annual race for most of the participants and, yeah, I've trampled walkers even starting from, oh, the third row or so.