Saturday, February 7, 2009

2009 Houston Rockets 5k Channel 2 Interview

The old saying is everyone gets their 15 minutes of fame. Well I got about 20 seconds :) Channel 2's Adam Clanton interviewed me after the race and the piece showed Sunday (June is that correct?). Well, let me give props to Adam. He was a good sport and gave me a copy of the piece and even thanked me for doing the interview. No, buddy, thank you for giving ME the interview. Check it out. There is even a cute little kid in there for good measure. As for my interview, it's pretty short, but it's at the end. I did another interview with a Spanish station but who knows what happened to that interview.

On another note pictures from the race are available. Here are a few I like.

imageimage image image

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Bill!! Other elite runners in Houston better start paying attention to you. I have seen your efforts pay off and if you keep up the training you'll be winning many more races.

Bill Blancett said...

Josue,

Thanks buddy. You were there in the beginning when we were training together with our blazing fast 10 minute miles at Memorial park. Now a couple of years later we both run qualifying times for Boston. Good times, good times!

Bill

Anonymous said...

That was a great race. You picked a great race to win, with all the TV coverage. Way to go. Dad

Bill Blancett said...

Thanks Dad. :)

Bill