Friday, June 12, 2009

Fartlek 45 secs Fast 45 secs Slow ~9 miles Total

This morning was humid again. I might as well start getting used it. It just means that I better not come to any workouts unprepared. Luckily, today's workout was a break from the difficulty level of our previous workouts. Sean didn't want to push it and press his luck so we decided to do this easy fartlek. I call it easy, although it wasn't all that easy to me since I was trying to run the same pace as Sean and Luis on the fast parts. My watch flaked out on me so I didn't get a chance to record our splits but while we were running on the fast parts we were running in the 4:30s - 4:20s. It wasn't too difficult at first, but towards the end of the workout I was breathing hard and couldn't stay with them. We basically did 45 seconds fast and 45 slow for 3 miles. On the slow parts we were probably doing 9 or 10 minute pace. A good workout.

No comments: