Wednesday, June 24, 2009

6 Miles + Cross Training

Mile 1 7:13
Mile 2 7:04
Mile 3 7:07
Mile 4 6:56
Mile 5 7:01
Mile 6 6:52
Total Average Pace 7:03
  • Curls
  • Squats
  • Leg Curls
  • Leg Extensions
  • Toe Raises

I can really tell that the cross training is helping to avoid the injury bug. After last weeks 5k my calf was slightly sore but I could tell that it wouldn't be that much of an issue because the pain was more on the outside than the inside of the muscle. The soreness has gone away and the nagging calf issue seems to be on its way out.

2 comments:

junebug said...

glad to see someone else is doing cross training besides me. i added swimming twice a week this week. it about killed me on monday.

literally. :)

im ready for august and marathon training to start up. im gonna be ripe and ready by then :) my first attempt at a boston bq.

Bill Blancett said...

June,

Not really sure about the performance aspect of cross training but it has definitely helped with injuries.

Bill