Thursday, June 4, 2009

6 Miles Easy And A Pending Breakup

I did 1 mile at 7:01 pace when my Garmin said "Nope, I'm not going to work anymore". So I ran the remaining 5 miles Garminless. I'm pretty tired of my Garmin's shennanigans and pretty soon I'm going to put him out of work. I'm going to need a reliable Garmin for this week's race and the workouts next week so I'm probably going to kick my current Garmin to the curb. It's a shame. We've had this relationship for 2.5 years. But all good things must come to an end. Currently I have been eyeing some of the newer hotter Garmins and I give no apologies for having a wandering eye. When me and my Garmin first met, it was a reliable workhorse. It would do anything and everything for me. Now that it's gotten comfortable it only works when it wants to. So goodbye Garmin 305, our relationship is probably over.

No comments: