Friday, June 19, 2009

3 Miles + 10 Strides

Mile 1 6:45
Mile 2 6:33
Mile 3 6:29
Total Average Pace 6:36

I'm ready to go for tomorrow. I added in strides at the end as recommended by Sean. He's been getting on me lately about slacking on my strides so I'll be making a concerted effort to do them. One reason why I hadn't been doing them is that it usually felt like I was taking away rather than adding speed. Usually at the end of my runs I was really in no mood, with aches and soreness, to do strides. These days I'm feeling pretty good. One thing he said clicked with me. He told me to do them at 5 minute pace. That made total sense to me. So from now on I'll try and do them at my 5k pace. That shouldn't be too bad.

Like I said, I'm ready to go for tomorrow. One thing that I will try to improve upon is to get to the race on time so I can warm up and run the course, do some strides, then stretch. If I'm able to do all 3 things I'll put myself in pretty good shape for the race.

No comments: