Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Seinfeld moment


I had a funny experience last night when I went to Whole Foods for dinner after work. I basically live there these days. It's about a minute from where I work and many people there know me by name and I know them as well. The reason I go there is that I have a lot of food allergies and Whole Foods gives me the most choices of what types of foods I can eat. Well anyway, I was sitting down eating dinner and I thought I recognized the guy sitting across from me talking on the phone. I sort of glanced at first but I couldn't be sure it was the guy I thought it was. The guy I was thinking of worked at Massage Envy and gave me a massage that was the best one I've had so far. He was experienced and schooled in sports related massages. He said he worked with the Houston Dynamo and did work with the team. His name was Graylin and we spent the whole session talking about soccer which was pretty interesting because I know very little about soccer. Well anyway back to the scene I'm trying to set. I spent about 15 minutes trying to figure out whether this guy was Graylin or not. I didn't want to stare and have a weird moment. So he got off the phone and was about to leave and I still wasn't sure if it was him or not but I wanted to know. After all I had been having some tightness in my hamstring area and Sean recommended that I get a massage soon. So let me paint this picture because here is where my funny experience begins. So the Graylin looking guy is getting up and getting ready to leave and there is another guy waiting by the microwave within earshot. So here is the conversation:


Me: "Excuse me...Excuse me...EXCUSE ME!"


Graylin looking guy turns around


Guy by microwave turns around


Me: "Is your name Graylin?"


Graylin: "Yes." He doesn't recognize me.


Guy by microwave turns back around


Me: "You gave me a massage a few months ago. It was the best massage I've ever had. I was a runner..."


Guy by microwave turns around


Graylin: "Oh yeah...I remember you." Graylin comes and sits down across from me.


We start talking and I tell him what I need and so he gives me his card and tells me to call him and then leaves.


I can only wonder what the guy by the microwave was thinking. Or anyone else that was within earshot. Now when I go to Whole Foods there will be at least one guy thinking, "There goes the gay version of Obama again".


"Not that there is anything wrong with that."

4 comments:

Pony and Petey said...

I think you could do a whole blog just on the interesting conversations you have = )

The one with your mom was hilarious!!

Take care of that hamstring...it's the final countdown from 10!!

Bill Blancett said...

Thanks Pony,

I'm glad you find them amusing. My wife wasn't very amused. She called said I was socially clueless :)

Anonymous said...

That's Hilarious

Bill Blancett said...

Geoff,

So you spell your name with a G? I'll have to through and change your name throughout the blog.