Friday, January 30, 2009

3 mile run

I ran 3 miles today at a really easy pace, 8 minutes. I came to the park with the intention of doing my regular 45 minute easy run, but I was about 30 minutes late. So I made myself an excuse that since I'm racing tomorrow, cutting my run to 3 miles from 45 minutes was more likely to help me than hurt me. So that is what I did. Mark, a guy I know from the park, said that it would be warmer tomorrow. I'm glad, because I don't do cold very well anymore. I also did my core work and other exercises. I had skipped it for the last 3 days under the guise that I'm taking it slow between training seasons. But I hate to miss too many core sessions so it felt good to get back on track today. I'm feeling pretty good and I'm ready to go for the race. I just need to make sure I eat an early dinner and get to bed early. For those of you racing this weekend,

Have Fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bill, nice run 5k today, you almost qualified for the Kenyan Way Elite Squad with a sub 16 5K. Congratulations. Sean

Steeeve said...

Woah, somebody WON THE ROCKETS RUN 5K with a 16:01!!!!!!! Mighty win and mighty PR, way to go Bill!

Bill Blancett said...

Sean,

Kenyan Way Elite Squad? I better keep working!

Steve,

Thanks for the kind words.