Tuesday, January 13, 2009

5 miles easy

This morning I woke up and my legs didn't feel normal. There was no soreness in my legs. My legs just felt great with no tightness, soreness, or even the slightest twinge of discomfort. It's strange not to have these feelings in my legs after so many many months. When you start putting in a lot of miles consistently with fewer days off it is common to feel soreness and so you just become used to it. So when you wake up one day and your legs feel fresh, you just feel like you have been given a brand new set of legs. Hopefully the massage I gave myself last night helped. Well, anyway, I went to the park and did 5 miles easy at about 7:30 pace. I started out with a little jump roping and then I did my run. I felt good during the run, but after 3 miles I was ready to be done because of the temperature. I still have some preparations to do for the marathon and I'll start knocking them off the list one by one.

No comments: