Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Cold and empty park

This morning I went out early to the park in hopes of being able to get to work early. I looked at the temperature on the Weather channel and it said 45 degrees. So I knew it would be cold. What I didn't know is that it would be soggy too. I used to be able to tolerate the cold. Not only did I tolerate it, I thrived in it. I preferred it. Now as a runner I find myself on the other side of the coin. The park was pretty empty and dark. Pretty depressing, but I would rather get my run in than miss my run(By the way I have a free day this Sunday). I went ahead and got my 9 miles in. It wasn't pretty but I got it done. I went to Luke's Locker at lunch and bought some pretty thick gloves. Hopefully this will start minimizing the amount of times I freeze my hands off!

No comments: