Wednesday, January 21, 2009

3 days after the marathon

Thanks for the encouraging words and thoughtful comments. I believe I probably described the last 3 miles in vivid detail, thereby giving the impression that I was disappointed in my result. I am happy with my result, but I also appreciate interesting perspectives you guys gave. I didn't realize that I finished the last half faster than the first half. I also didn't realize I passed 8 people at the end without being passed myself. So while I was happy with my effort before, I am even more pleased with the results. I had a good time training and preparing for the race and I can't wait to hear everyone's race stories and results.

As far as post recovery goes, I walked for 20 minutes outside my place of work. I was still sore all day and I had problems putting any weight on my quads such as sitting down or getting out of a chair. I also need to mention that I only got 2 hours sleep the night before, so that didn't help matters either. This morning I woke up early and went to the park and walked around the track for 30 minutes. It was cold, about 30 degrees. I feel a little better than yesterday but the quads are still sore. Sitting down at work doesn't help things either.

One last note. Pictures for the marathon have already come in. Here are a few that I like:

image image

Oops! Forgot to mention about the finish line videos. They can be found here:

http://www.finishcam.com/Events/2009-Chevron-Houston-Marathon/

No comments: