Friday, January 16, 2009

2 miles easy

In case you were worried about the weather, as of Friday morning, it looks like it isn't going to be so bad. The latest news available has it in the 50's with a slight chance of rain, nothing heavy. If it is actually 50 degrees and less than 60 then I will have a pleasant day Sunday. I suppose a lot of people will. Today I'll go and pick up my packet. Tomorrow I will start planning my race which will be based partially off of the weather and partially off of the course elevations. My brother, Ron, is going to be in town to support me and fuel me along the course. Look, there he is below at last year's EP5k where he kicked my butt at the end. image

My wife and my son will be there as well. It is such a big event these days. I remember watching the finish last year and feeling kind of left out that I didn't run the marathon. This year I'll be a part of it. My favorite part will be the end when the crowd cheers us to the finish line. Hopefully I'll be in pretty good shape afterwards. I don't plan on being hobbled after the race.

Today I did 2 miles easy. I didn't bring my Garmin but if I had to guess, I'd say I did it at 7:30 pace. The park was pretty empty today. I guess a lot of people decided to skip today and tomorrow and then just race Sunday. I feel pretty healthy right now. If anything physically happens to me Sunday, I won't have any regrets. I feel like I trained responsibly. I put all of my work in. When there were times I could have ended up injured I took time off, massaged, iced, and went back to running. I'm ready to go. All I have to do is rest and plan for the race.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow

Bill Blancett said...

Thanks Geoff,

I look for you to tear it up tomorrow.

Good Luck,

Bill