Tuesday, January 27, 2009

45 minutes easy

I ran for 45 minutes today and my legs felt like they had rockets on the end of them. It all started when my first mile hit 7:15. When I saw this first split I knew it would be a fast run. During the next mile I hit 6:33 pace. After seeing this time, I said "Oh my God" out loud because I was running by feel and had no idea I would hit the split that fast. Running a 6:30 had never felt so easy. The next miles were more of the same. We'll have to wait and see if this run is a true indicator of anything. Tomorrow I could end up slogging a 7:30. These things come and go and what you have to do is look for a trend. So we'll have to see how my future runs feel to really gauge any differences. I usually don't like to put up my splits on easy runs, but this one was peculiarly different from most, so here goes:

  1. 7:15
  2. 6:33
  3. 6:40
  4. 6:43
  5. 6:40
  6. 6:34
  7. 6:42 (.68 miles)

Even though this run may indicate a full recovery from the marathon, I'll take Sean Wade's advice and skip the Houston Rockets 5k run this Saturday. Like he said, I need to give my body a full opportunity to recover.

No comments: