Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Hills @ Clover Leaf – 5 x 1000m - ~8 Miles Total

~2 Mile Warm Up

5 x 1000 meters

  1. 5:20
  2. 5:14
  3. 5:07
  4. 5:06
  5. 5:02

Total Average Pace: 5:10

~2 Mile Cool Down

I did this workout with Sean, Luis, and Joe Flores. I’m pretty pleased with the results. I didn’t do any strides so I started off a little slow but then as we started doing more reps I started to heat up. The rest of the guys ended up doing 8 reps with the original idea of doing 10. But the workout ended up being pretty tough so they stopped at 8. With the marathon approaching on Sunday, I decided to cut it short at 5k. I got just what I needed and didn’t need any more.

This workout seems particularly effective because it seems to work on multiple energy systems. On some of the shorter hill circuits, I could get by on pure speed. But not on this workout, I also had to use endurance. We may end up doing more of these in the future.

No comments: