Tuesday, October 6, 2009

8.70 Miles Easy With A Soapy Ending

Mile 1 7:28
Mile 2 6:46
Mile 3 6:39
Mile 4 6:40
Mile 5 6:43
Mile 6 6:29
Mile 7 6:35
Mile 8 6:40
Mile 9 6:43
Total Average Pace 6:45

image Hot humid, yuck. This was probably the worst day of the year as far as humidity is concerned. Anyway I digress, something funny happened to me today. My primary running clothes didn't dry in the dryer so I had to resort to my backup shorts that were in my running bag. The things is...in my running bag I carry all of my toiletries such as soap, etc. When I take a shower at the tennis center in the morning I try to dry my sponge but it doesn't completely dry. I put it in a plastic bag but sometimes a little bit of soapy water gets into the bottom of my bag. It usually dries up, no big deal right? Wrong. I take my backup shorts which seem to be dry at the time and start running in this hellish-like humid weather. After 3 miles something curious starts to happen. My shorts start to foam up and leak soap. So I ended up having quite a bit of soapy foam running down the side of my leg. The longer and sweatier I got, the foamier the shorts got. How embarrassing! While I was running I tried to wipe it away with my hand but it only made it worse. I saw quite a few people I knew around the trail, so they would see me and say hi, but then immediately look down the side of my legs and give me this look (Like what you got going on in there, never mind I don't want to know). Well because of this accident I believe I have invented the world's first self cleaning running shorts. You don't even need to shower afterwards. Soap is included. The sweatier you get, the fresher you smell!

1 comment:

Junie B said...

this makes me giggle.

be thankful it was just a bit of suds running down your leg.

at the 4ThePark run in April I think it was...there was a guy ahead of me (to wit i passed by the way)...that was wearing bike shorts. and i was like "what is wrong with that man's shorts?".. his shorts were full blown bubbles. i suspect his rinse cycle did not do the job.

hysterical i tell you, just hysterical!