Sunday, March 1, 2009

7 miles easy

Nothing special to report today on the running front. I did 7 miles at 6:57 pace. Not bad considering it was 30 something degrees, windy, and I don't run very well in cold weather. I feel the speed work has sped up my turnover and I feel that I am running faster. But this was only one week and it was my down week so we will see how I run the next few weeks when I get back up to 68 miles.

It looks like the Rodeo Run was a big time race. A couple of pro guys came down from the Hanson-Brooks distance project and put down some 30 minute times on a non-fast course in windy conditions. Then some of the local big guys put down some 31 and 32 minute times. It looks like it would have been pretty entertaining to watch. The results can be found here.

2 comments:

Sam said...

It was entertaining to watch the front-runners come through. It was interesting watching the difference between those whose form was breaking down in the final stretch and those who were "cruising" as they pushed to the finish. It's like we discussed Merga's stride as he completed his record-breaking marathon here in Houston. Strange to say it, but watching the finish of the Rodeo Run from where I did was a pretty educational experience in a lot of ways.

Bill Blancett said...

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I kind of wish I was there to watch the finish as well. I believe 2 time former Olympian Elva Dryer was there if you were paying close attention. Gerardo got to be her personal wind breaker in the race. http://www.flotrack.org/blogs/blogger/gmora/6245-conoco-rodeo-run