Friday, March 6, 2009

9 miles easy

I got off to a bad start this morning when my truck had a flat tire. So I had to borrow my wife's vehicle. Physically I felt fine when I arrived at the park and I was anxious to get going.

I started the first mile and my legs felt a little dead and a little slow. So I thought to myself here we go again, I'm still recovering from being sick. I looked at my watch to see what my first mile ended up being and I realized that I forgot to turn it on. Being a little peeved I continued my second mile and it clicked off at 6:50. Not too bad, I thought to myself. The 3rd mile ended up at 6:56. The next mile is what really shocked me. I didn't think I was moving all that fast. As a matter fact I thought it was going to be a grind it out type of day because my legs just didn't feel right. The next mile was 6:32 pace. I thought to myself where did that come from? The rest of the miles were more of the same. Here's a look:

9 Miles Easy

Mile 1 ???
Mile 2 6:50
Mile 3 6:56
Mile 4 6:32
Mile 5 6:39
Mile 6 6:27
Mile 7 6:34
Mile 8 6:26
Mile 9 6:28
Total Average 6:37

I'm still not 100% but I'm close! Tomorrow I'll probably do a mile race. I'm about to go to sleep so I'll talk more about it tomorrow.

Good Night,

Bill

No comments: