Wednesday, March 25, 2009

8 miles recovery

Today I did 8 miles in recovery mode(skipped speed work). I ran during lunch and the weather was very good. I'm still curious as to why I still had cramps today. The first thing that comes to mind is it is probably nutritional. I used to feel like this all the time when I first started Kenyan Way. I finally figured it out when I adjusted my nutrition. I didn't really have cramp issues anymore. The puzzling part for me is although I have slipped a bit in recent weeks with my nutrition it hasn't been that bad. Oh well. I did 8 miles at 7:03 pace with the last few miles at sub 7 pace. I was able to get into a little flow and finally my legs started feeling a bit better. Hopefully by tomorrow they will feel even better.

Off to sleep...

Bill

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude it was H-O-T (and humid)out there at lunchtime! i thought i was gonna die on my little 6 miler...no speed today for me either...cause of the foot...but thankfully that is ALL better now...just didnt want to push it

looks like its gonna be GREAT weather for saturday run though!

Bill Blancett said...

June,

Maybe so, but I was expecting a lot of rain so I was happy I was able to get out and run and not swim.

Bill