Tuesday, March 17, 2009

9 miles easy

My world of order has been challenged. I'm still trying to get back on to my regular schedule. The Memorial Tennis center is under some construction. Sleep is at a premium these days. But you know what? The weather was nice. I'll take that as my positive for the week. I also saw a funny exchange today at lunch. I was at Whole Foods for lunch and there weren't any tables to eat lunch on because it was so crowded. This lady had found the last table and had set her things down. She was afraid that someone would move or take her things while she left briefly. So she did the usual thing. She asked the guy seated next to her if he could watch her stuff while she was gone. Here is the exchange:

Lady: "Excuse me."

Guy: Ignores the lady. Eating a sandwich with his head totally down in his sandwich.

Lady: The lady thinks he just doesn't hear her so she repeats "Excuse me."

Guy: Guy continues to eat his sandwich, face downward.

Lady: Now the lady leans over next to his ear and asks "Excuse me could you watch this for me, I'll be right back."

Guy: Still facing away he says, "I take no responsibility."

Honestly, I chuckled inside. Usually people are much nicer than this. And even if they aren't really nice, they are self conscious enough to say "Yes" even when they want to say no. This man made no qualms about saying no and didn't skip a beat. He just kept on eating without a care in the world. The lady paused, looked a little puzzled and finally resigned to leaving her items and hoping for the best. I mean how do you respond to something like that?

Anyway on that note here are my splits:

9 Miles Easy

Mile 1

8:05

Mile 2

7:39

Mile 3

7:37

Mile 4

7:25

Mile 5

7:29

Mile 6

7:15

Mile 7

7:16

Mile 8

7:12

Mile 9

7:10

Total Average Pace

7:28

No comments: