Sunday, March 22, 2009

Easy 9 mile run

Last night I went to Blockbuster. While I was waiting in line, a girl looked at me and smiled. I smiled back politely and then she told me she was looking at my shirt. I had forgot that I had my "No...I'm not Obama" t-shirt on. Finally she told her Dad who looked at me and then my shirt and started laughing. He asked me where I got that shirt, and I told him I made it. Then he asked if he could take a picture of me and I said sure why not. We all started chuckling and laughing. When I reached the Blockbuster checkout counter the Blockbuster guy told me that other guy and his wife were huge Obama supporters. They went to the inauguration and the guy's wife even had custom made Obama clothing. Don't ask me what that is because I don't know. He also told me that the guy was enlisted and had come back home recently. Right now I'm wondering how far that picture will make it around the net.

Today I was to do 9 miles easy. My legs were feeling great. I started out my 1st mile at 7:07. Eventually the legs picked up speed rapidly and I was running in the 6:20's for a good portion of my run. I have to admit, running your easy runs fast is almost as fun as racing. I wasn't pushing at all today. I believe it is just an indication of how strong my legs have got recently. Eventually the humidity and heat creeped in, and I slowed a bit at the end. As far as running was concerned, this week was stellar, as I completed 69.57 miles of running for the week. Here are my splits for the day:

9 Miles Easy

Mile 1

7:07

Mile 2

6:25

Mile 3

6:25

Mile 4

6:22

Mile 5

6:25

Mile 6

6:23

Mile 7

6:33

Mile 8

6:31

Mile 9

6:43

Total Average Pace

6:33

No comments: