Sunday, May 16, 2010

9.91 Miles Easy

7:00 Pace

70 Miles for the week. Goal achieved. It will be a cut back week for me next week as I prepare to tackle even more mileage. More mileage than I have ever taken on before.

Ran into Jose Lara today. He's coming back from surgery and he's looking good. I did 1 mile with him at 6:30 pace and he looked pretty comfortable. I got to get his perspective on upping the mileage and it was pretty helpful.

The last 3 weeks I have ran 70, 64, and 64 miles. I ran into Luis today and he's doing about 70 with no speed workouts. Sean's hitting about 70 without the speed stuff as well. It seems like a lot of the guys are just gearing up and getting ready to put down some really fast times later on in the year. I expect to be one of those guys. I figure to have at least 1 or 2 really fast 5ks in me this year after my base mileage is achieved and I start speed work.

No comments: