Tuesday, May 11, 2010

9.67 Miles Easy

6:57 Pace

It was a hot and muggy morning. But you know what? It didn't bother me too much. Now I may not feel the same way a month from now, but so far, not bad. Today I decided to race a girl. I know what you're thinking. Ya, you're a big man, Bill, racing girls and all. Ahh, I don't care. This girl was fast, plenty fast enough, and I felt like messing around a bit. I started out nice and easy for about 10 paces and the girl ran by me like I was standing still. I said what the heck, lets go. So for the first 3/4 of a mile into my run we were probably running 6 minute pace. We didn't say anything to each other. We didn't even look in the direction of each other. All I knew was I had this girl running with me and not only was she not backing down, she was trying to lead. Eventually things ended after 3/4 of mile and I finished my 1st mile at 6:35 pace. Thirty seconds later I ran into Sean and ran most of the rest of my run with him.

Dang she was fast. But tell me, am I jerk for not ceding to this talented girl? 

No comments: