Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Freakish Workout: Mile/Half Mile/Mile - 8.58 Miles Total

  • Warm Up
  • Mile/Half Mile/Mile 4 Min Rest
    • Goals - 5:00, 2:20, 5:00
    • Actual - 4:39, 2:16, 4:38
  • Cool Down

The results from this workout came out of left field. If you would have asked me or ANYBODY before the workout what my main objective was, I would have told you it was to try and run around 5 minutes for a mile. As you can see that objective was destroyed. This is not totally unusual though, as I had a similar experience almost exactly a year ago. I ran a freakish fast workout(for me anyway) and then I injured my adductor muscles and was never able to duplicate or better the workout again. Until now. I'll try to build upon this. No marathon or long distance training to distract me. Just honing the speed and increasing the strength.

Luis, J.P., Joe, and Jose were the cast of characters. There were some fast times put down out there today.

1 comment:

keens said...

You have a great post here.
Keep it up and have a happy running! :)