Monday, February 22, 2010

5.84 Miles Easy – Am I Broken?

Mile 1 7:38
Mile 2 7:09
Mile 3 7:06
Mile 4 6:54
Mile 5 6:58
Mile 6 7:02
Total Average Pace: 7:09

The run started out relatively uneventful until about 1.5 miles in. I felt a gradual pain in my left foot that I thought would subside and go away. But it kept increasing until I felt a sharp and sudden pain so I stopped running. Initially I thought the pain would just go away and then I could start running again. But after 3 minutes it still wasn’t getting any better and I was having problems putting any pressure on it at all. I was thinking to myself that it would be a long 1.5 mile walk back to the 0 mile marker. I was a bit discouraged. Then I decided to try a few practice jogs and on the 3rd one the pain was manageable. So after a 5 minute hiatus I continued my run. The pain went away pretty quickly and I decided to complete my 2 loop run. Strange.

No comments: