Tuesday, August 30, 2011

6 Mile Tempo (9 Miles)

Just got back from California in time for a 6 mile tempo with Wade and JP. I had missed a couple of running sessions in California so I wasn't really sure what to expect. Well, I ended up running this workout faster than I ever have. The previous best tempo workout was done a few months ago at 5:26 pace. But this was under optimal conditions (for Houston!). I was able to best this and complete it at 5:22 pace this time. Sean really helped out a lot at the end since he ended up pacing the last 2 miles. The first 4.5 miles went by pretty easy but the last 1.5 miles I had to focus a little bit and we ended up hitting 5:18 for the last mile. Here are the splits:

Goal: 5:25 pace
Actual: 5:22 pace
Splits: 5:22, 5:20, 5:26, 5:23, 5:23, 5:18

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

Rest is good man keep.up the good work my friend you'll be beastin this year.

Bill Blancett said...

Jonathan, thanks for the words of encouragement! I truly appreciate it.