Tuesday, August 2, 2011

6 Mile Tempo (10 Miles Total)

Training is still alive and well although I am having motivation issues at the moment. These issues kind of hung with me all of last week which is why I put this 6 mile tempo carrot out there. With so much time between races it is very hard to stay focused.


  • Met J.P. at the park and warmed up for 2 miles and then did the workout.

  • 5:30, 5:31, 5:31, 5:34, 5:33, 5:20 - Avg 5:30 pace (33:02)

  • 2 mile cool down
Afterwards I ran into Jacob Phillips, a really nice guy. He moved down here from Dallas and he is the former head track coach at Dallas Baptist University. He's hooked up with Finish Strong Sports and will be doing some good things over there. I look forward to getting some runs in with him as he is a pretty decent runner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

P.S. J.Phillips is at Finish Strong. Good job doday, Lu

Bill Blancett said...

Thanks Lu. Made the correction.