Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Joining the Luke's Team

Luis Armenteros offered me the opportunity to run for the Luke's Locker Team. If you don't know who is Luis is, here is some background info on him. He is one of the fastest guys in the area. When I say one of the fastest, I mean fastest among a handful guys in Houston distance running. I would be hard pressed to find guys locally that can run with him. I got to know him through the Kenyan Way as he works with Sean Wade as an assistant coach. I excitedly told him one of my race times one day and he just nonchalantly said, "Well, you know... now you qualify to run for Luke's". The way he said it made it seemed like it was no big deal, but it is a big deal. Because now I get to comp races and I think I get some free shoes as well. I definitely could use the assistance on the race fees and shoes, and now I can justify my running hobby to my wife (Cheaper)! Between this and my Strider race comps, I should be running for free more often than not!

No comments: