Friday, October 24, 2008

Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5k

What can I say about this race? It was way more than I expected it to be. After all there were close to 30,000 people running and walking. RaceStart It was for a good cause and I actually raised 80 bucks. I scored a 16:51 in this race and ended up placing 6th. Adam Davis ended up winning the race with a low 15ish like time. I believe Sean Wade was about 10 secs behind him. Then there was another guy who I believe was from Denton, I've never seen him before, but he was pretty fast. He finished in the mid 15s. This was my first race in about 3 months so it provided me with some good feedback about where I was at fitness wise and how I would approach 5k's in the near future. The best part of the race for me was when I started running out of gas at the end and this guy and I were going stride for stride at the end. WhyDoISignUp He had more in the tank and got me at the end but the crowd got riled up and excited for such a close and fast finish.BillAmIThereYet WhySoFast

2 comments:

Pony and Petey said...

Yeah, but look at his face... all the evidence you need to see the amount of effort it took to beat you!!

I like the captions = )

Bill Blancett said...

Thanks Pony. It was nice seeing you at the half marathon yesterday. It sure has been a while. I saw your brother there as well and I surely didn't want to embarrass myself too bad in front of him!