Friday, December 23, 2011

Yo Bill. What the heck happened?

Hey guys, a lot has happened since I last posted. It has been unfortunate that I sort of disappeared off of the map. So what happened? Hmm, many things. It mainly has to do with life. I have found it very difficult to train at the level I wanted to. My children are getting older and my wife is such a sweet heart. I love them all with a passion and time with them and time at work has consumed my time on the roads. Also, to tell you the truth, I have been somewhat of a lazy butt the past few months. Although I don't have the time to train at a very high level, I do have time to train and I simply have not been doing that at all. I've also used a couple of injuries to give me an excuse not to run. Many friends around me simply find it unbelievable that I stopped running completely. But it isn't so hard to believe once you really know me. I am an all or nothing guy who is very passionate about the things he cares about. I started running only as a tool for me to get in shape. I used races as a way to keep me inspired to keep training. Then racing became the be all and end all. Once I wasn't able to train the way I wanted to, I simply lost interest.

Now I am ready to start training again. I know I will be limited in what I am able to accomplish but you know what? The running community and the people and friends I have made over the years are much too precious to give up. That is the main reason why I'll be back. Oh, and I don't want to be that buy who gains 40lbs after quitting running. Who wants to be that guy?

4 comments:

John Yoder said...

Bill, I have a feeling you will be back to where you were if not BETTER than you were before with a couple months of training, even if the mileage isn't what it used to be. Just do faster paced training instead of distance. Welcome back. We've missed you!

Sam said...

Hey man! I feel ya, on all points in this post.

See ya on the roads, buddy!

Bill Blancett said...

Thanks guys!

Anonymous said...

U running bellaire trolley?